Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bible Memorization

This week, I came across this old video clip, made by the American Bible Society about my husband's Bible memorization plan.



Of course, my favorite part starts at 3:44. Isn't Solomon so cute with his little voice? At the time of this recording, at age 5, he had actually just finished up memorizing the entire book of Ecclesiastes (12 chapters). His reward was the nice wooden swing set we still have in the backyard. I am kicking myself even more now that we never recorded him quoting the whole thing. It would have been cool to watch now, all these years later. 

And yeah, my husband without a beard also looks pretty funny. And don't even get me started on him doing yard work... there's no truth in television! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Very inspiring. I think many people don't make any effort to memorize the Bible because most feel it is unnecessary. But it is so necessary to know and commit the Lord's word to heart! Muslims commonly memorize the entire Qur'an (about the size of the New Testament). How can we witness to them the truth of the Bible if we don't even know the Bible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not too late to do a video of the younger kids reciting something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwee, Solomon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.